Monday, October 10, 2011

I Have a New Button!

Photobucket

Did you notice it on the right? Friends for Adoption is a fun little thing that was started by two friends who are in the process of adopting from Taiwan. Since the adoption process can be daunting, exhausting, stressful, exciting, etc, etc, they thought it would be fun to be paired up with other mamas, or mamas to-be, to share in the joys and heartaches of the process. No matter what kind of process a family goes through to have children, support and encouragement are needed for all of us women to get through. So, you are matched based on where you are in the process with another woman who has similar interests or situations. Then each month, you send each other a small gift or note of encouragement. It's also a great way to meet someone else who is walking in your shoes.

Although our adoption process was rather short, comparatively speaking to other countries, we reached out to others on our agency's online forum. I "met" lots of moms who were walking in my shoes and who had already walked the adoption road to Korea and back and were full of advice and tips. It was fabulous and we gained a wealth of knowlege throughout the process. Now that we are home and getting pretty settled, I still want to stay in contact with other APs and honestly, there are just days when I need some encouragement and a friend who is walking in my shoes. So, when I found out about Friends for Adoption, I asked if the creator had anyone who was on the post-placement side of the process. Within a few weeks, I was matched. Yay!! I now have a friend! Her name is Julie, she lives in VA, and has a little boy who was born right in between Grayson and Neylan. I have heard from her once by email and I have her first little gift ready to be put in the mail tomorrow. I know very little about her, so I bought something I really want to keep for myself! I hope she likes it!! One of the criteria about being involved with Friends for Adoption is that you blog about your gifts you receive each month. So, every month I should have a fun little post about what is going on with my new friend, Julie!

So, for all of you out there who are in the process or are already home and just want another friend or some encouragement, click on the button and get involved! Doesn't it sound fun?!

No comments:

Post a Comment