Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Good Excuse

I have been meaning to do this post for a few weeks, but just haven't gathered the motivation to do it. But, better late than never!




On July 6th, PyeongChang, South Korea won the bid to host the 2018 winter Olympics. This will be the first time South Korea has ever hosted the winter games. Having lost the bid for the 2010 and 2014 games, this was a huge victory for the country. PyeongChang is a small town of approximately 43,000 located about 90 miles east of Seoul.

This is such exciting news as we have just returned from beautiful South Korea and want to go back as often as possible. So, I'm thinking this is a good reason to go back. I have always wanted to go to the winter olympics. I have been to two summer olympics and had a blast. This would be such a fun opportunity for the boys to see Korea in the winter and see some games. They would be 8 and 9 years old. Unfortunately, the games usually take place in February, right during the school year. But, they can always make up the work, right! We'll see what Daddy, the teacher, has to say when that time comes. For now, I'm hoping to go, so I'll start saving my pennies. I have 7 more years (although I would love to go back sooner!).  



2 comments:

  1. My husband said the same thing when we heard Korea was going to host the Olympics. We'll see if we make it over there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to Adam's nursing career??!!

    ReplyDelete