Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ethiopia? Are You Sure?

So, I promised to tell this story in our timeline, so here it is.

During the few days of our Europe airline ticket fiasco/disaster, it was a couple of REALLY stressful days. We were barely speaking to each other and when we did, it was just around the topic of these tickets. We had just sent in our application to adopt and then this happened just a few days later, leading us to question if we had made the right decision to adopt. After Adam spent a full 2 days on the phone with various people trying to work out a solution to my name problem, it came to the point where it was all over. New tickets were booked, the credit card number was given out again, and all we could do was move forward and try to get excited about our trip.

As Adam wrapped up his conversation with the travel agent, he got a beep. He clicked over and the conversation went a little like this. . .

Holt- Hi Adam, this is so and so from Holt. How are you?

Adam- Oh, funny you should ask. We have just had a horrible 2 days and I'm a little stressed out.

Holt- Well, I have some good news. I was just calling to let you know that we received your application and you have been approved. I will be helping you adopt a child from Ethiopia.

Adam- What?!? We didn't apply for Ethiopia. We applied for Korea.

Holt- No, I have your application right here and you applied for Ethiopia.

Adam- Oh no. Did I make another mistake online. My wife is going to kill me. How am I going to explain this one right after this ticket mess?

Holt- Well, I have your application right here. Let me double check to make sure you put Korea.

Adam- Thank you

Holt- Oh, you did apply for Korea. This application must have been put in my box by mistake. I will get it to the correct person and have her contact you.

Adam- OK. I really didn't think I had made that mistake, but after the last 2 days, there's no telling.

This conversation was just what we needed, thank you Lord, to ease the tension, and provide some good news after the stress we had just been through. We had a good laugh out of it and were very glad it was all worked out in the end. Now, we were ready to go to Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment