Monday, December 20, 2010

Call me asap!!!


This was the message I received on Thursday morning while I was at Renew for Moms, my mommy group. I was getting ready to pick up Grayson, but decided to check my phone for any messages. And, I had one!!! This one!! Now, what in the world does that mean? I did as it said and called. Adam answered, which really surprised me. His news??

We've been matched!!!

I said, "what?" He repeated the news. I think I just stood there in complete shock. We were not expecting this phone call until January at the very earliest, so it caught me completely off guard when he said we had just gotten our referral call.

Isaiah 55:8 says “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.

When we started this adoption process, we were told it would take 18-24 months. I was just fine with that. Adding another child into the family when Gray is 2.5-3 sounded good to me. I thought I might be ready then. We also said we would take a child with special needs. With the backgrounds that we both have, this seemed like what we needed to do, or at least were experienced to do. And we preferred a little girl.

But just as this verse states, God's plans are often different than our plans. Fortunately, they are always for the better.

We have been matched with a healthy little boy!!! And are hoping to travel within 4-6 months. That means before Grayson is 2, or right around there, and that this entire process will likely be less than 1 year! This little one is 6 months old today. So, that means, I will have a 1 and a 2 year old running around!!! I should start claiming and clinging to Phillipians 4:13 now.

I can do all this through him who gives me strength

He's really cute, is in good health, and is being really well taken care of by his foster family. Once we get permission, we will post some pictures.

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME NEWS BECCA AND ADAM!!!!!! So very excited for you guys! :)

    Kara and fam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! This is so exciting!! Good luck with everything. I'm so happy for y'all!!!

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Can't wait to meet him! Congrats!! WOO HOO!!!! Carla :o)

    ReplyDelete