Monday, January 24, 2011

Looking Back

I have to admit that while doing my Project 365 blog is a lot of work, there are definitely some positive things that come out of it. Like this post. I saw this on someone else's blog and decided to copy it. I wanted to take a look back at what was going on in our lives on some significant dates in Neylan's life. Little did we know that while we were having fun here at home, our second child was entering the world.

On June 20, 2010 Neylan was born. This was actually Father's Day, which I think is pretty cool and special.

This was the only picture I had taken that day. Adam left to go out of town to chaperone at youth camp, but Grayson and I kept up the routine of going to the volleyball game that night so he could play outside. It was a beautiful summer day here.

I really hope we are able to bring Neylan home in time for Father's Day this year.


Just a few days later on June 23rd, Neylan was placed with his foster family. This was the only picture I took that day and made the comment that it was a very uneventful day for us. Little did I know how eventful it was for Neylan as he left the mother who graciously carried him to birth and then gave him up and was placed with a family who would take care of him until we are able to bring him home. We are so grateful for the care he is receiving and the love that is being shown him by his foster family. It makes the waiting a little easier knowing he is in good hands. 




3 comments:

  1. I think it's great you know what you were doing when Neylan was born. What a cool thing for Neylan to hear about one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally awesome! God is so huge! While we are busy running the race set before us He is directing and organizing unbelievable things for our future! How precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo excited to "meet" you too! I will send you a PM this week with my info! I would love to meet you and your family! Soooo glad we met!!! :)
    P.S. Love your blog!!!! YEAH!!! Were waiting buddies!!!

    ReplyDelete