Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh, the Pressure!

The pressure to pick a name is big. I never thought it would be so hard. But this time around, we are having the hardest time. We didn't have another option or a second choice when Grayson was born. He was just going to be Grayson. I'm thinking it's been harder for me since I know what he looks like. We throw out a name and then look at his picture and know that it's not a good fit. So, the list of options got shorter and shorter. Not to mention that we both have worked with kids for over five years. Again, the list shortens because we can't name him the same name as one of our most dreaded kids. So, after going home for Christmas and having lots of pressure from family to name this little one, I gave in and bought this book. Adam and I had thrown around lots of names, but couldn't agree on ANY of them. I quickly found out that there are a lot more girl name options than boy names. I think I've read all of the options and we do think we have made a decision. Give me a few more days to think about it and then we will reveal.

2 comments:

  1. Ok...I need to borrow the book!! Todd says Addley. (rhymes with Hadley??) and AJ for Adam Junior. Good luck...I'm sure we are no help!:)
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Sorry you're feeling such pressure to name your new blessing! I'm sure whatever God intends for him to be named will fit wonderfully in your family. Hope all is well!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete