Wednesday, September 7, 2011

After the Airport

Tonight I saw this amazing blog post about adoption through a link on facebook from some fellow APs. I recognized the name and then remembered I have done two Bible studies written by this girl. She is so funny and such a good writer. Had no idea she was adopting, but it appears to have just happened. She is very transparent about what real life looks like with an adopted child. It's not easy by any means. But God doesn't call us to easy. So, if you are in the process, recently arrived home, or are contemplating adoption, I encourage you to read Jen's post about life "after the airport". It brought tears to my eyes multiple times as I feel we are walking in the same shoes some days. The past three months have been very difficult for me, but there has not been a moment I have been filled with regret or doubt about our decision to bring Neylan into our family. I get through one day at a time and rejoice, like Jen, on the days the boys go to "school" and I get a mental and physical break! Enjoy her post. She could not have said it any better!

After the airport

2 comments:

  1. Wowzer! I hope I can remember to repost this. I'm pretty tired though, ya know? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A FB friend also posted this and I was riveted as well. I'm very thankful for families who can "tell it like it is" as I'm sure its not all rainbows and smiles. Since we're pre-referral, in my mind, I kinda naively felt that maybe adopting a Korean infant/baby would not be as difficult. But it's true that as wonderful adoption is, it can be difficult. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete