Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's a Small, Small World

I have a fun story for you, but there are no pictures to accompany it. But, please keep reading!

On Monday, I was able to meet another family, just 10 minutes from my house, that have adopted 3 kids from Korea. Their oldest is 8 and the youngest is going to be 3 next week. Shortly after meeting the youngest daughter and the mom, we learned that we used the same adoption agency and worked with the same social worker and local office. Since this family has adopted 3 times, I said "wouldn't it be funny if one of your kids' foster moms was Neylan's foster mom?" I said that his foster mom was quite experienced and had been working with our agency for many years. The mom then got up to go get pictures from all three of their foster moms. She gave me the stack for her oldest son first. No match. Then she gave me the stack for her middle daughter. No match. Then she handed me the stack for the youngest daughter. MATCH!!!!!!! I just stared and said "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. This is her." We both started tearing up. Neylan's foster mom said that he was her 20th child in 10 years of fostering. Do you know how few 20 is? And to meet a beautiful little girl who lives just 10 minutes away who was raised during her first year of life by the same mother Neylan was. WOW!!!!

So, I started flipping through the pictures and had some more moments. She had pictures of the foster dad, brother, and sister. We don't have any pictures of these people and never got to meet anyone but his mom. How wonderful for me to be able to see what they look like. Neylan was very well taken care of and his foster mom told us that he was very loved by his family. To be able to put faces with her words is amazing.

What a wonderful meeting I had. I said we definitely need to get these two kiddos together for a picture that we can send to her. What a fun discovery. Coincidence?? Nothing is coincidence!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and awesome thing! Such a unique connection you will always have with them and so will Neylan - obviously!

    ReplyDelete