Sunday, November 13, 2011

Another cool story for you

After a very long week and a long day yesterday, I finally got home and settled with a chance to check my email. In my mailbox was a facebook notification and an email from a stranger. I opened the facebook message to see who it was and how they found me and then read the email. It was another adoptive mommy with a cool connection. Wanna know?! She is the mommy of the little girl who Neylan was living with when we picked him up. She had posted a picture of her daughter and her foster mom on facebook and another adoptive mommy that I am friends with on FB recognized her and made the connection that we had the same FM! She emailed her to tell her to get in contact with me. This family is expecting to get their travel call at the end of the month to go pick their little girl up. When we picked Neylan up in June, his foster mom told us that she also had a little girl in her home who was a few months younger than him. We never got to see her though. Well, now I know who she is and where she is going. She is going to a city in GA not too far from where we already have family!

So, when I saw that they are expecting to travel soon, I emailed her back to ask if she would be willing to take something to their foster mom for us. I had begun working on a digital photo book for her in September and had planned on sending it with a family from our area who was traveling. Unfortunately, I never finished it before the family left. Now, I know the reason why! It was meant to travel with this other family who can personally hand it to our foster mom, not just to the office staff. How cool is that!!!!!! So, I best get to working on it so I can make sure they have it before they leave in a few weeks.

I am quickly learning how wonderful the adoption community is and how many friends with different connections can be made. It's been wonderful to get to know so many people we never would have had we not gone through this process. It's such a blessing to be on this journey with so many other families who share the same passion.

2 comments: