Friday, November 18, 2011

We get to keep him!

During this journey, it has always been exciting when the Fedex man rings your doorbell. And that happened yesterday. I wasn't expecting it at all, but what was delivered was BIG!!! We received our consent to adoption form from our agency. This means they approve of the placement and we are cleared to go to court to finalize the adoption. I got the last few papers ready for our attorney, dropped them off this morning, and she immediately went to the courthouse to petition a court date for us. You have to petition 30 days in advance and since we are flying home for Christmas we needed to make sure this happened today. And it did! We have a court date. On December 19th, we will officially adopt Neylan, he will legally have his new name, he will automatically become an American citizen, and he will be able to get a new birth certificate. Big steps!!!

The other exciting news of the day is that I finished Neylan's photo book and got it ordered. His little foster sister was issued her visa today, which means that her family should receive their travel call on Monday. So, in order to ensure that they got the book to hand-deliver, I just had it printed in their town and the mom is going to go pick it up and pack it. So, unfortunately, I won't get to see how it turned out unless I order one for myself. The book is simple, but I think his foster mom will really like it and appreciate it.

1 comment: