Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Two weeks down!!

We are two weeks into our five week reduced-dairy trial for Neylan's congestion and drooling. And so far, I HATE to report NO progress!!! I know it can take a while to get everything out of his system, but I really thought that if this was the problem, we would at least be seeing some reduction in mucus or drool. Bummer! So, we continue on. . . The doctor asked us to cut back to 14-24 oz of dairy per day, trying to stay on the low end of that. So, I think I've managed to cut him back to no more than 5 oz per day with no progress yet. We are all adjusting fine. He does love his milk and asks for it all the time, so we have switched him to soy and are limiting that. We have given him soy yogurt and I am using soy milk in any recipes that call for milk. So, really not a bad adjustment at all. So, if dairy is not the problem. . .??? We may have to investigate reflux! Will keep you posted

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, I sure hope it is not the reflux issue. We are going through that now and it is not fun.

    ReplyDelete