Monday, March 12, 2012

knock on wood

We are now ONE week drool, runny nose, and excema FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are making progress and it feels good. It definitely seems to be the dairy that did him in. So, we are eating completely dairy-free and are finding some substitutes for the things we crave! I bought my first package of dairy-free cheese last week. It contained less than 2 cups of cheese and was $3.50!! EEK!! This will only be a treat. I made homemade mac and cheese with this veggie cheese and rice milk. It tasted pretty good and both boys cleaned their plates.

1 comment:

  1. Is it the lactose you are trying to stay away from in the cheese? I think you are more dairy free than that, but if it is just the lactose I use Kraft shredded cheese which is lactose free (I know crazy!!). I have a lactose intolerance, so I steer clear of other cheese. Oh, also their sandwich cheese (not the singles in the square package), but the rectangle package is lactose free. SO glad things are better for Neylan!! And, you all. :)

    ReplyDelete