Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fifteen Hours until there is One Less!




In just 15 hours we will be picking up our sweet Neylan Minseok and welcoming him with open arms into our family. It is hard to describe what we are feeling right now. We are excited, nervous, saddened, and ready to pour out an abundance of love over him. Tonight as I sit and think about the blessings that God has so richly blessed us with, I think about my boys. Tonight I put Grayson to bed for the last time as an only child. It was very anti-climatic as he was very tired and fussy, but believe me, this was on my mind. Tears are also coming to my eyes as I think about Neylan tonight as his foster mom, the only mom he has ever known, put him down to sleep for the last time. My heart is just breaking for both of them. I know that she has a special place in her heart for the orphans and since Neylan has been with her for nearly the first year of his life, I know she has a special bond with him. I pray that she know how much she is appreciated by us and for the sacrifices she made over the last year to care for our boy like he was her own. I also pray that Neylan's heart be ready to accept our love and that he feels an overwhelming comfort and peace about coming to our family. I also pray for Grayson as he will be experiencing the biggest change in his life as well when this quiet little Asian kid moves into our house and begins to demand our attention. We know without a doubt that God has given us a heart that has a desire to see orphans in forever families and He has directed each step of this process to get to where we are today- just hours from accepting our second son into our arms forever. Thank you so much for praying for us over the past months, weeks, and days. We are so blessed to have been given this opportunity and we know that Neylan is the perfect match for our family.

Over the next few hours and days, we covet your prayers for our family as it expands a little more. Please pray for Neylan first of all, that he would have an easy transition and will be able to grieve all that he is losing appropriately.

Pray for Grayson to have an open heart and an excitement about becoming a big brother. Please pray that his little heart will be willing to share us with Neylan.

And pray for us that we would easily fall into the responsibilities that being parents of two little boys entails. We know that there will be challenges, but we also know that there will be lots of laughter and joy as we watch these two little hearts form a bond that we hope will be tough to break.

Lastly, pray for our trip home. We will be leaving Korea just 24 hours after Neylan joins us and I imagine it will be a hard trip.

Thank you all so much for your support during this process. We could not have done it without you. We can't wait to introduce the newest Foster to you. He's a cutie!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Continued prayers for your family, Friend!! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Your story is so beautiful! Have a great trip home! Praying for your larger family.

    ReplyDelete