Friday, June 17, 2011

How's it going at the new Foster home?

Sorry for the slowness in posting since we've been home. I know you all have been sitting on the edge of your seats at your computers waiting for pictures and stories. Yep, I've heard!! So, here you go.

We have now been home for three days. Overall, I would say things are going really well. Neylan is doing great under the circumstances. He is not feeling well. We knew he was teething, but my stars!! He is the biggest drooling, snotty, congested mess I have ever seen. When the doctor at the agency told us he had bronchitis, I really didn't believe him. I was really thinking all of these symptoms were teething symptoms. The exact same symptoms Grayson had when teething. They gave us 3 meds to give him and so we had been- until today. The medicine has not done a thing- because it's not bronchitis. So, I changed the medication plan today. He woke up with a temp of 101 and as hot as I've ever felt anybody. So, he's now getting tylenol or ibuprofen and a nasal spray to dry up some of the drainage- hopefully. He is extrememly tired, which makes him fussy. We are all still working on getting over jet lag, which is not easy when you traveled over 14 time zones. We also feel has is sleep deprived. His foster mom told us how much he was sleeping and compared to Grayson it is a few hours less- and he's a year younger. Every time he gets in the car he falls asleep. Unfortunately, we haven't ventured far from home, so those little naps are short and then he gets woken up again. Like most kids from Korea, we are having sleep issues. Neylan was used to co-sleeping with his family on the floor. He screams when we put him in his crib, so we've made a palate on the floor right below his crib. He has done ok on that for a few naps and one night, with me in there with him. He would prefer to co-sleep in our bed, but then neither Adam or I are getting any sleep and I would prefer the transition to his own room and bed to be as quick as possible. So, the palate it is for now. Once he feels better, we will try the crib again. I'm sure he's also grieving some too as he tosses and turns and whines all night long. So, all in all, we have seen lots of smiles and giggles, but are all still pretty exhausted. Neylan is a little laid back trooper and has gone with the flow really well. I just hope and pray he gets to feeling better soon. I'm sure we will begin to see a new little personality emerge then.

Neylan's paperwork said he loved baths and water. And boy does he. He stood at the water table for a long time just splashing and playing.


Ahhh!! Air conditioning. This is hard to come by in Seoul

Bonding over a common love- water!! 








3 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome home!!! bless his little heart! :(
    Take it easy mommy...BTDT...sounds like things are going GREAT!!! Holler if you need anything and get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear an update! He's so sweet. I hope he feels better soon. Lots of grieving fussing here as well. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you guys made it home safely. I pray the transition continues to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete