Saturday, October 8, 2011

Beach Bummin' big boys

Last week the boys and I set out on Neylan's first trip to the beach. My grandparents live in Charleston, SC and I really wanted to make sure they met Neylan, so off we headed for nearly a week to squeeze in lots of family time. The flight was easy-breezy. I have such good little travelers.


The weather was perfect our first day at the beach- 87 degrees, sunny, and few clouds in the sky. Grayson was eager to get in the water immediately. So, I ran out with him and Neylan in my arms. I think optimism took over and I set Neylan down. Oops! Wrong move. He HATED the water, the waves, the sand, something, everything! So, he calmed down as soon as I put him in the sand with a bucket and shovel. This was more his style for a while.


After lunch the tide had gone out and left shallow pools of water with sand on each side. This allowed the boys to go in and out whenever they wanted and there were no waves. Neylan warmed up to this quickly and the boys played in here for hours.


Neylan, the dog lover, enjoyed this furry little visitor


On Friday, we headed to a nice park to burn some energy.



The park was next to a pier, so we took a walk to the end of it to watch the boats


Mr. Independent wanted to push Neylan. It worked fine as long as someone gently guided in front, since he can't see anything in front of him


Back to the beach Friday night. It was quite a bit colder, so we didn't last in the water near as long


The boys' cousins, Lauren and Asher, were also there last week and they thoroughly enjoyed playing with each other


On Saturday morning, we spent some time with my grandparents and the rest of the family. Good thing for Neylan, there was a dog there



It was great to see everyone. We don't get to see this side of the family very often and it's been a VERY long time since we were all together.


We had a great trip and the boys did a fabulous job the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment