Saturday, May 21, 2011

??? Days and Counting!!

I can't wait until I can replace those question marks with a number. We are really hoping to do that in the next few days. Oh, I hope we get that blessed call soon. But in the meantime, there is still lots of work to do.

Today is our 5 year anniversary! Since we are really trying to do a lot with Grayson during these last few weeks with him being the only child, I woke up and wanted to go to a nice park and have a picnic. The weather was perfect today!! Adam woke up and decided to go to the doctor after not feeling well for nearly a week. And then he came home with a diagnosis of a "contagious virus" and 5 new medicines. I guess this change of plans just gave me more time at home to get a few things done. So, today I:

  • Cleaned up two carseats and got them ready to install. It's weird thinking that between our 2 cars we will have 4 carseats installed. Maybe less room for junk in the other seat will motivate us to keep it cleaner.
  • Made 2 chicken pot pies. One for a friend who is sick and one to put in our freezer. One item on my to-do list is to have a few meals ready for when we come home and the jet lag and possibly grieving Neylan have hit me so hard that I can't think straight enough to prepare a meal.
  • Made a necklace for Neylan's foster mom as one of her gifts. (will post the picture when it is complete)
  • Adam trimmed a tree in our front yard that needed it really badly. It was hitting the house and during every storm or really windy day it just bangs its branches right by Grayson's bed. Good thing it's done as we are under a severe thunderstorm watch now and I listen to the rain pouring outside.
  • I also downloaded 10 Sesame Street podcasts to the iPad. Never can have too many for a 15 hour flight! They are only about 6 minutes each. So after we rotate through each one 15 times we will be there!
  • And then, I also went to a baby shower this afternoon just to have some girl time.

No comments:

Post a Comment