Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in the US and Parent's Day in Korea. I had a great day with Grayson today, but really missed Neylan being here with us. I can't wait until he is home in a few weeks. Mother's Day is such a special day to celebrate the little blessings God has given us called children and the huge job we have as mothers to raise our little ones. Today I can't help but think of Neylan's other two moms. His birth mom, who made the tough decision to carry him to birth and then give him over to be raised and loved by someone she would never meet. Wow! I can't even imagine, but what a gift. I wonder if she is thinking about her little one today as she is not celebrating Parent's Day with him. Words can never express our gratitude for her amazing sacrifice and gift. I really wish we could have a picture of her just to know what she looks like. I pray that she is blessed with children one day that she will be able to care for.

I am also thinking of Neylan's foster mother. She has also played a huge and very important role in his life as she has been the only mother he has known since birth. She has also made a huge sacrifice to love on and raise a child who is only hers for a short time. I think she has done a wonderful job and I can't wait to meet her. Within the next couple of weeks, I will try to sit down and put words on paper for her to express my gratitude and appreciation for all she has done for Neylan. I'm sure that will be tough. I can't imagine how difficult it is going to be for me to take this child from her and for her to give me this baby that she has raised since birth. I pray that she has confidence in us as his parents and I hope we will be able to see her again soon.

Last year on Mother's Day, I never would have imagined that this Mother's Day, I would have two little boys. God's plans are always better than ours and I can't wait to see how our new family of four unfolds in the next several weeks and months!

No comments:

Post a Comment